Monday, April 13, 2015

Access Raspberry Pi GPIO over internet

In my previous post I wrote about this neat framework for Raspberry Pi, WebIOPi. I was able to change the INPUT/OUTPUT direction, set status of the R Pi's GPIO remotely, over the local network.

In order to access WebIOPi over the internet we can use a simple tool called Weaved. You might have already installed "Weaved" during the WebIOPi installation else sign up here to get detailed instructions.

Follow instructions here to configure Weaved on top of your Raspberry Pi.




After configuring, you can list all devices as in above screen-shot and select the device you need to control. I only have one device registered here "media-center". I can get the publicly available URL of my device to control GPIO Pins over internet.



Still I will be able to access WebIOPi interface over the local network too.


I tried my same old example of measuring voltage difference between Ground PIN and PIN #12.




No comments:

Post a Comment