Saturday, November 1, 2014

Optimizing eclipse IDE on a Ubuntu box

I'm currently using eclipse Luna on my Ubuntu 13.10, IDE crashes after few seconds.
While searching google for a fix I found number of SO replies with following update to eclipse.ini ,
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType=mozilla
But it does not seem to fix my issue, then I tweaked existing eclipse.ini as follows,

-startup
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20140415-2008.jar
--launcher.library
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_64_1.1.200.v20140603-1326
-product
org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
512m
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
--launcher.appendVmargs
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.6
-XX:MaxPermSize=512m
#-Xms40m
#-Xmx512m
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType=mozilla
I have commented out ms & mx parameters to pick my system parameters, then increased MaxPermSize to 512 MB.

Eclipse issue seems to be fixed now !!

No comments:

Post a Comment